The importance of a pool of technically proficient production staff that have the ability to plan and co-ordinate shooting sound and vision on location (wherever that may be) will be an integral facet of the marketing arm of the BBFF website. Content, particularly shot and edited content will drive returning traffic back through the BBFF website with relevant and concise information important to the festival audience and team.
Of particular note, these produced video pieces will also have the added opportunity to be distributed through our Major Media Partner the Echonetdailly whose readership is ever increasing as well as the TV channels in the form of pooled media. These students will be working with our Media Manager, as well as the Festival and Technical Directors.
Some of these proposed videos may include…
• An edited piece highlighting the proposed BBFF Venue’s and locations.
• Edited pieces about confirmed visiting filmmakers.
• An edited piece about a confirmed film screening at BBFF2016
• A highlights reel of the Opening and Closing night red carpet events
• Edited pieces interviewing with a visiting filmmakers
• Live webstream of strategic BBFF announcements
• Live webstream of select BBFF discussion panels
• Live webstream of select BBFF events
• Audience feedback interviews
What participants can expect to gain:
• A working knowledge of Mac &/or PC Operating Systems and programs specific to the running of large events
• Basic working knowledge of Video Cameras and setup procedures
• Basic Photographic Composition Training
• Basic working knowledge of Microphone types and setup procedures
• Basic working knowledge of lighting for interviews including the 3 point lighting setup
• Development of their Final Cut Pro and/or Premiere Pro skills
• Basic web updating/uploading knowledge to WordPress, Youtube, Vimeo and live streaming online services.